As thirsty for innovation as they are impossible to pigeonhole, GoGo Penguin finds inspiration in contemporary jazz bands like the Esbjörn Svensson Trio and classic minimalists like Steve Reich, John Adams and Erik Satie. The three thirty-somethings grew up in the golden age of electronica and are eager to blend in some elements of techno, house and drum ‘n’ bass.
Since GoGo Penguin settled on its dream lineup with Chris Illingworth (piano), Rob Turner (drums) and Nick Blacka (bass), the group has been a shooting star. A nomination for the Mercury Prize (2014) launched them to a popularity – unseen for an instrumental group since the turn of the century.
Chris Illingworth: piano
Rob Turner: drums
Nick Blacka: bas
29€ (standard) / 8€ (3 - 12)
The service cost is included in the ticket price.
- 23.00 - 00.30: Gogo Penguin
- 21.15 - 22.15: Lady Blackbird
- 19.30 - 20.30: Oscar Jerome
- 17.45 - 18.45: Theon Cross
- 16.15 - 17.15: Bex Burch & Leafcutter John: Boing!
- 14.30 - 15.30: Dishwasher_
- 22.20 - 23.00: O.N.E. (Poland)
- 20.35 - 21.15: Michelangelo Scandroglio Quintet (Italy)
- 18.50 - 19.30: Latitude (Belgium)
During B-Jazz International Contest 2022, Muziekmozaïek, 30CC & Gent Jazz are on the lookout for young jazz talent. Two Belgian finalists proceed from the preliminary round at Leuven Jazz (March 2022). The winner of Getxo Jazz (Spain) and a band from the Saint Louis College of Music (Italy) join the final. In addition, two more bands were selected by an international jury
Your ticket gives you access to all concerts of this festival day.